Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Paalam, Ka Erdy...

Being the INC (Iglesia Ni Cristo aka Church Of Christ) member that I am, I believe he deserves this post.

His name never rang a bell to me, his father's did. Majority of the people I know including family, friends, workmates had their own version of how they "think" they know INC. That the church imposes to it's members 10% tithing every month. That every time one fails to attend the worship service, a certain fee is collected. That Ka (Bro.) Felix Manalo admitted on his deathbed that he misled a lot of people to the wrong religion. That it's members do not believe in blood transfusion regardless of the situation.  All lies.

I remember my mom repeating these impressions she has on INC when she came to know that I was attending worship services of the church. One particular phrase she strongly stated was, " Pahuya2x ka lang! (You're such a shame!)" Of all the instances I answered my mom back, that particular moment will never be forgotten. Because I knew I was right. I knew God was my lawyer. All I said was, "Promise ko sa imo Ma, kung ako mismo maka-prove nga tood na tanan, ma-untat ko insigida." ("I promise Ma, if I proved all those true, I will immediately stop.") I've been a member of the Church of Christ for almost 3 years now and none of those false beliefs exists.

When I first heard his name, questions emanated. Who is this man? How is he related to the founder of the church? Has he the traits and capabilities of a leader?

In the three years of being a member, Ka Erdy made himself known to each and every member through the teachings of every minister. One worship service at a time, his worth unveiled in front of my very eyes. Not only was he a leader but God's instrument, the epitome of a true disciple.

Rest now Ka Erdy. Feel the loving embrace of our Creator. Thank you for the years you devoted for our church. Thank you and farewell...

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mari, welcome to my neck of the woods. I noticed your follower picture and am excited to meet you. I was impressed with your statements about your faith. That is a wonderful thing to hear. If you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete